On the Golf Course
Junior golf is just part of First Tee. Through our program that strengthens character, kids will learn life skills that stay with them into the rest of their lives, like:
- Understanding and managing emotions
- Resolving conflicts
- Setting up step-by-step goals
- Planning for the future
- Appreciating diversity
Advancing through the Program
From ages 5 through 18, youth progress through different levels by demonstrating the First Tee nine core values , life and golf skills as well as passing an assessment. All participants regardless of age start at the PLAYer level. The pinnacle of First Tee is completing Ace.
- Little General Juniors (ages 5&6) – Learn the golf FUNdamentals and First Tee’s Code of Conduct
- PLAYer (ages 7+) – Tee up for the first time and learn the game of golf and First Tee’s Code of Conduct.
- Par (ages 9+ & passed PLAYer certification) – Focus on interpersonal and self-management skills on and off the course.
- Birdie (ages 11+ & passed Par certification) – Emphasis on setting goals and making them a reality.
- Eagle (ages 13+ & passed Birdie certification) – Learn resilience, conflict resolution, and future planning.
- Ace (ages 14+ & passed Eagle certification) – Put it all together and hone in on setting goals, career education, and giving back to the community.
The Power of Relationships
First Tee coaches are trained to create positive relationships that inspire youth to discover their individual potential. Our programs help young people build confidence, develop respect and appreciate the value of giving back to our community all while learning the lifelong sport of golf.